Bottom Loading Furnaces for Metals and Ceramics
Electric Heating Elements installed on all four walls guarantee good temperature uniformity in Bottom Loading and Drop Bottom Furnaces and are commonly delivered with integrated cooling or quenching stations. These industrial furnaces can be electrically heated or fuel gas fired.
Bottom loading furnaces are ideal to achieve a variety of heating-cooling cycles without sacrificing temperature uniformity or product quality. These furnaces are well suited for calcining, firing and sintering oxide ceramic parts (i.e., alumina, zirconia), technical ceramics, co-fired substrate materials, capacitors, filters, thermistors, ferrites. This type of industrial furnace is also popular for infiltration casting processes to process large powdered metal parts.
Keith’s multi-car, multi-hearth bottom loading furnaces provide an accurate, flexible and economical means of increasing your firing capacity. Bottom loading furnaces often include two cars so one can be loaded while the other is being fired to maximize production capacity. Several hearths on each car allow the load to be divided into smaller cross sections that can be more accurately heat processed.
Keith’s advanced heating, cooling and automated venting technology offers you the ability to batch fire with more consistent and uniform results. These special bottom loading furnaces combine flexible firing capacity with excellent process control for more cost-effective production. The heating and cooling systems are designed to accomplish a wide range of firing curves in air with very good temperature uniformity.
- Compact designs save floor space
- Heating systems deliver more uniform process heat
- Energy-efficient and durable refractory construction
- Cars facilitate loading and unloading
- Highly reliable automatic process control systems
- Ease of operation and maintenance
- Temperatures to 1650°C/3000°F with gas, and 1800°C/3272°F with electric heating
- Wire, rod over bend, silicon carbide, or molybdenum disilicide heating elements
- Chamber volume up to 6 m3 (200 ft3)
- Single or multiple zones of temperature control
- Cars, venting and controlled atmosphere systems
- Integration with material handling automation
- PID, PC or PLC control systems
Contact Keith Company to get more details about our bottom loading furnaces.